Women’s Writing Retreat
St. George Island, Florida
January 21 to 26, 2020
Honor Yourself and Your Creative Spirit
Join me for 4 days and 5 nights—fully dedicated to you and your writing— in a beautiful beach house on St. George Island, Florida.
This retreat provides structured and unstructured time, with optional writing and creativity workshops each morning and afternoon, surrounded by plenty of time for writing, relaxing, de-stressing, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, giving yourself quiet, focused time to use your creative voice in a safe, encouraging, and supportive environment.
You’re eligible to attend STORY CAMP if you’ve attended an
Writers with a work-in-progress find this experience particularly inspiring. It’s also a great place to
To receive the specially discounted rates for
I need this.
Writing and WorkshopsStructured time will include mini-workshops, typically an hour or so in the morning and an hour in the evening. Since we strive to meet authors where they are in experience and skills, the frequency, schedule, and topics for the mini-workshops are tailored to the needs of registered attendees. These sessions are held around the dining room table, in the living room, and/or outside on the expansive decks, weather permitting.
My creative spirit needs this. Oh yes, I need this!
Workshop TopicsMany aspects of writing are not genre-dependent, so the mini-workshops will support whatever type of writing you do. The topics change from year-to-year based on participant needs. The workshops might address topics such as using sensory details to give your reader a deeper experience, how to write dialogue, the concept of “Show, Don’t Tell,” how to create scene, writing transitions, how to use metaphor and simile, and much more. In addition, we will touch on the mind of the writer–the author mindset, what it takes to be an author, author habits and best practices.
Our Fabulous HouseThe retreat is in the lovely beachfront home called “Always Awesome,” in the private and gated community of The Plantation on St. George Island, Florida. Every room has a view of the Gulf of Mexico with access to multiple covered decks, and a short path across the dunes to the wide, sandy beach. We have a wood-burning fireplace in case the January days or nights are cool (yes, the Florida Panhandle in January can often be chilly). Five bedrooms sleep up to ten attendees (room-sharing, but no bed sharing).
The Island and Nearby
I want to reserve my space!
The STORY CAMP retreat is for you if:
- you want greater clarity about your book idea, and some tools and techniques to keep you writing when you get home
- you need to escape from your everyday demands to write in peace and quiet without interruption or obligations
- you have any type of writing project to start or finish
- you would simply like to escape and unplug from your day-to-day so that you can refresh your creative spirit
We should write because writing yields us a body of work, a felt path through the world we live in.
Feel supported by fellow writers, and experience a fun, relaxing, inspiring atmosphere with positive creative energy.
Focus on your writing skill set & the writing process, content development, and/or self-care & mindset in a safe, confidential, supportive environment.
Our kids get to go to camp. Why shouldn’t we?!
Join us in January 2020
Tuesday, Jan. 21 to Sunday, Jan. 26
Enrollment Limited to 10
Check-in: Tuesday afternoon (Jan. 21),
A $100 security deposit holds your space now!
The balance is due on or before November 30, 2019.
Count me in!
- Lodging, in a spacious oceanfront beach house
- 4 days of delicious, healthy meals (plus breakfast on Sunday)
- Beverages and healthy snacks
- AND all workshops, instruction, & writing sessions
What Isn’t Included:
- Air and ground transportation to/from the Retreat House
- Personal, medical, or trip cancellation insurance
- Souvenir shopping, other activities or outings not specifically listed or organized by the retreat leader
Though all rooms
I’m packing now.
- If cancellation
before November 1, 2019, 50% of your deposit would is made be refunded($50).
- Cancellation between November 1 and 15, 2019, would
result ina loss of your deposit ($100).
- Cancellation between November 16 and December 15, 2019, would
result ina loss of 50% of the retreat price.
- After December 15, 2019, the retreat is
non-refundable. All cancellations must be receivedin writing.
We reserve the right to cancel the trip if it is not meeting the trip minimum (if we do so, your deposit is refunded in full). Trip cancellation insurance is always recommended whenever making travel plans. We suggest Travel Guard Insurance, which offers several policy options.
Still have questions? Contact me at Gina@AroundTheWritersTable.com or 850-766-6029.